Often it is simply a happy accident of geography that brings people together. Like almost everything at ConFest these villages are self organised and often spontaneous. Many of the villages plan to or find themselves camped close to one of the Communal Cooking areas, decorating and energising the space to form a community hub for info, interaction and often entertainment, as well as for feeding and caring for themselves.
- 1 village idea
- 1 group of people (minimum is usually about 10.. any less than this and it’s more of a pub than a town)
- 1 vision on how you can achieve it
- 1 passion to create physical space to do it in
- 1 big sign to tell other people the name of your village
- Time - season to taste
Method to the Madness
- Take ingredients, stir through Village terms and conditions carefully.
- Go to ConFest and form an area with soft cushion peaks.
- Flavour to taste.
- Combine opportunities for information exchange with ingredients listed.
- Bake in the ConFest oven at 15-30 degrees celcius.
Does This Sound Like Something That Could Knock Your Socks Off?
Some villages from past and current ConFests are;
Spiral, Silly Hat, Walter Avenue, Pagan, Laceweb, The Grove, Healing, Fire Dance, Drumming, Arts, Magic Forest, Gypsy, Mud Tribe, Tek Know, Forest, Pt'Chang, Queer, Transgender, Ananda Marga, Springfield, Rainbow, White Gums, Eurotrash .......
Join us for a fabulous communal experience. Workshops, play shops, singing, dancing, discussions, tai chi, yoga, jamming, alternative technology, vegetarian market, fire twirling, circus skills, meditations, walking, swimming and more. You may have some skill or thoughts you'd like to share with others. Want to put on a workshop/conference? Create your own workshop. Everything is spontaneous. Just write topic/theme and time/place on workshop boards. There will be a number of shaded areas for workshops and events to take place. ConFest is as much you as it is any other person. Be free to just do your own thing.